Following discussion panels are featured in IWALT 2000:
Asynchronous Learning Process Dynamics (Elspeth McKay, Chair)
Telemedicine and Tele-Education (Les Folio, Chair)
(1) Do you anticipate more distance learning transactions as a result of legal limitations to telemedicine.
(2) How receptive has tele-education been in your experiences?
(3) I would like to know how many participants in the audience are using such technologies?
Intelligent Learning Tools: Adaptation to Non-stationary Environments (Paul Cristea, Chair)
(1) How do you define an ILT? What should be its basic features, what are the minimum requests?
(2) Can you share with us your experience in using ILTs?
(3) Can an ILT go over the role of only assisting a human tutor?
(4) Should the ILTs be used only for ODL, or also in standard class teaching? What would be their specific tasks in the two cases?
(5) How should an ILT evaluate the performance of a human learner?
(6) What are the expectations for the immediate and for the medium future?
Development of Science and Technology Education Planning in Vocational and Higher Educational Institutions (Ravewan Shinatrakool, Chair)
Use and Misuse of Simulations and Animations in Educational Systems (Ruddy Lelouche, Chair)
(1) What exactly do animations bring to educational systems? Are they improving them, and if so on what grounds, or are they merely glitter patched on them to make them more glamorous, more attractive, and thus easier to sell?
(2) Animation and subject matter: What is the relationship of the proposed animation with the subject matter?
(3) Animation and learning process: Even when there is a relationship, does the proposed animation actually augment, or at least facilitate, the student's learning? More generally, what is the contribution of the proposed or assessed animation to the learning process?
(4) Animation and student interests: If and when an animation tries to relate to the learner's person (psychology, experiences, interests, etc.) rather than to the course contents, on what grounds can such relations have been established? Is a particular type of learner targeted? If so, how has s/he been modelled? And how is the animation connected to the learner's model?
(5) Animation and marketing: What is the primary intent of an animation? What makes it attractive? Does it bring something on one of the three grounds above?